Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mrs. Jumbo

No, this isn't a post about my weight.


When I was a kid, I adored the movie Dumbo. There was always a point where I got very very sad though- the beginning. When all the other mommy animals were getting stork deliveries, Mrs. Jumbo watched, hoping each delivery might be hers. I remember watching her sadness and feeling it too. She looked like the perfect mother, why did her stork have to get lost?


Foreshadowing, or what?


Of course, her stork made it in the end, and the love she got to share was much more special in my opinion.








I do believe we will have our happy delivery from the stork too, it's just going to be a long wait while he finds his way.




"The very things that held you down are going to carry you up" -Dumbo




Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment