Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fibro fog

I have fibromyalgia. I was hesitant to type that sentence because I worry that others will think that as I have fibro, I shouldn't have children. Then I remember the team of people (especially T) I have who help me when I can't cope.

I have had a major flare up of symptoms in the last few weeks. I've rarely left the house, the house is not being cleaned daily, I've avoided cooking, I missed my sister's party today, I was meant to be looking for a part-time job- that seems a fantasy. When I get like this, I understandably become melancholy. I feel lonely and pessimistic about the future.

I cried this morning because I slept for 13 hours last night. Who needs to sleep for that long? Ok, T and I took a 45 minute walk yesterday and obviously my body wasn't impressed, plus I hardly slept the two nights before. But... my body refuses to work how I want it to. In so many ways. I want to wave a wand and make it obey!

I need to start researching advice and tips for fibro. I know others are coping better than I am, and I want to know why/how. My brain is in such a fog right now that I can't take in or process much information. So, for now, I will get as comfortable as I can, and read some blog posts by you lovely people I am meeting through twitter and blogging. I sincerely apologize if anything I say makes no sense!

Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment