"Well, at least you guys are 30, not 40"
(I apologize for the swearing...)
Husband is, apparently, a medical anomaly. We saw an endocrinologist finally, and his blood work just doesn't add up. The doctor was incredible, but she was stumped. She has ordered more tests and will consult with a few people to decide where to go next. Despite getting nowhere (again) I can't fault this doctor. She encouraged me to ask all my "what if" questions, and went through every possible scenario with us. This approach doesn't seem to be common, up until now we have been told not to worry about things until we know more. I feel remarkably more comfortable when I know all the possibilities, even if some of them are very very scary (brain tumor kind of scary- though probably not the most likely outcome). Our priority is making sure husband is healthy at this stage. If it weren't for IF we wouldn't have investigated his wacky hormones- so color me thankful.
However, all of this leaves us waiting, again. We still have another specialist to see before the final decision is made on husband's spermies. I still deep down hope we don't have to give up on them.
Doesn't infertility just make you want to scream sometimes? Also, cry. And laugh maniacally. I think this is why I have been incredibly quiet of late. I am exhausted with getting nowhere and for my emotional health I need to take regular breaks from thinking about it all.
I am on Pro.vera again after a THREE WEEK period. I think this is making me a little stabby/sappy/crazy/clingy/ranty...
Oh, hormones, you have made our life interesting lately! You won't win this battle, hormones, because no matter what I still have that really really important thing...
I may have a little obsession with the Doctor, don't judge me.
Vicky


No comments:
Post a Comment